My tangle patterns:Wood-sere

Dead leaves dancing in the wind. Snowflakes glittering in the moonlight. Trees silhoutted against a frosty sky.  Winter is a time of magic. 

Three is somewhat of a magic number in composition, the layout of an artistic piece, so I decided to use that to create a tree-like tangle. 

Each tree has three branches.  Each branch has three limbs.  Each limb has three shoots of its own.  Vary the length and direction, making sure you don't automatically make all the limbs increasingly smaller as you add limb to limb.

Wood-sere is more realistic than most tangle patterns.  It gives a stark, dramatic flair to your zentangle or zendoodle.  But if you wish a more abstract look, make your branches and limbs straighter. Bend your branches and limbs in square 90 degree angles.

Comments

  1. Thank you! I think I'm having as much fun creating the tangles as I am with zentangling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment