My tangle pattern Entwine

Ahh, the sorrows of growing old.  Someone posted a zentangle, where they had used a preprinted interlace design.  Marguerite Meara commented that I probably had steps to the pattern.  I didn't, but now I do.

I wrote the who, what, when and where down, but promptly mislaid the paper (honestly, I don't know why I write anything down.  I always lose it), and I can't remember any of the info I wrote down.  So there's the sad, sad story.  If anyone knows the ZT I'm talking about, I'd love to link to it.

This is an advanced pattern.  I could have done it in six steps, but I wanted to emphasize the alternation of the peaks.  You draw a peak that narrows at the top, then a peak that narrows at the bottom, leaving a space between the two.  That space is interlace, and sets the width of the lace.  You repeat this alternation for the length you want for the braid.

Like most interlace, it takes a little patience and a little practice. I had a hard time figuring out how to do it, until I laid the pattern on it's side.  If you are having trouble, try doing it up and down instead from left to right.  I think it looks kind of cool at step 5, so if you're having a lot of trouble, just bag steps 6-9 and leave it at that.  This is supposed to be fun!


Comments

  1. It looks kinda cool at every step... but *especially* step nine! Got a new pattern book... sending you the link (yummy!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your pattterns! i often do tangles exclusively with your patterns. this is another great pattern to add to my collection! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment