Weekly Challenge #19-More Morris: My attempt

Laura Harms'  Weekly Challenge #19 was to do 'More Morris' using William Morris' technique of light on dark.  I decided to combine this with a save I needed to do, so I drug out my Pitt Fat Brush pen in Black and covered over work I'd done earlier in my Thick Lokta journal.  My black is running out of ink so I added some Sanguine to the background as well.  Then I used a Sakura white gellyroll.   I didn't cover as much as I usually do.  I kind of liked the textured effect that occurred as a result of the fading ink, and the heavy texture of the Lokta paper, so I left a lot of it showing.

Comments

  1. ooh, i love the layered look on this!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the texture, too! And it's gorgeous how the Mooka mimics the knotwork - great art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Very* interesting effects. I think it works well

    ReplyDelete
  4. just gorgeous. only now i'm coveting big fat pitt pens. i always end up wanting more art supplies with you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, your texture works well, beaut!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment