Mis?Adventures in Watercolor on a Busy Weekend

It's been a busy weekend.  Today is hubby's birthday, so we've celebrating, and I've had little time for artwork.  I did get a couple of quick watercolor 'sketches' done, but that's about it.


This first is another exercise from "Mastering the Watercolor Wash" by Joe Garcia.  It was supposed to be an exercise in the flat wash, but I found the instructions a little vague, and ended up doing my own thing.  More wet-into-wet than flat, I think.  I'm having trouble with my Koi field kit.  The pans are so small that I'm having a problem getting enough paint ready to take advantage of the wet, even though I'm only working on a 6x6.  Ah well.  I'm still learning from it. 


I'm going to continue with the book.  Even though I find the instructions a bit vague, I love the exercises themselves.  The subject matter is beautiful, and they aren't difficult to accomplish.  I'm not even using the right colors (don't have 'em), and I did my own thing, and the result is nice.




This second painting is kind of a 'place-holder'.  There was the most beautiful photo on the homepage of BING the other day.  I knew that I wanted to do something like it, but wasn't ready yet.  I have this 5x17 bristol paper that was about the right length, so I did a very rough sketch.  I has kind of a 'Dinosaurs Passed Here'  look, lol!  But once I've learned a little more handling color and detail, I'll be able to use it to remember what it is I want to do, without copying the actual photo.



Comments

  1. Lovely pieces - I'm especially fond of the green, & how you *didn't* let lack of the "right" colors slow you down :-)

    Trying to learn watercolors myself, not doing much zentangling anymore...

    Trish (aka littlebrownwren)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Trish, I have to admit I'm not doing as many zentangles as I was, myself. What I do is mainly in the form of my bleedthrumanades. I doubt I'll ever leave it entirely, but I doubt it will be the focus it once was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. exciting adventure Sandra! you got all you need!
    who can do those translucent orbs like you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment