Mis?Adventures in Watercolor-Green Grapes

I was going to do more with this piece, because my values aren't quite right yet.  My goal was to try out a triad of Azo Yellow, Pthalo Blue & Quinacridone Violet, and to play with mixing the colors by slowly building up glazes.  Things were starting to get a little muddy, and I thought -another triad that doesn't work.  Then I came across Diana Trout's Watercolor primer Part 7, and she mentioned that 'mud' can come over too much scrubbing.  I do scrub.

So I stopped, feeling I'd probably already started the damage, and would probably just do more if I continued.  I did get some of the feeling of light that I wanted though.

I'm going to go back and revisit my triads, being very careful not to scrub and see what happens.  Ah, I love it when a mere sentence happened upon makes you rethink what you are doing!
.

Comments