Creating Art at the Speed of Life' - Day 20 #PamCarriker #ArtAtTheSpeedOfLife #ArtJournaling

I have this habit.  I buy some art supply and I really wanted it, but feel a little guilty buying it because it's a bit spendy.  So I hesitate to use it, fearing that I'll make a mess of the work and, therefore, waste the product.  One of my secondary purposes for creating this art journal was to make myself use some of the products I've been hoarding.

Decopatch decoupage papers are gorgeous.  Given that I have tons of scrapbook paper and other decorative pages, they are a luxury, but I had to have some.  They've sat for well over a year because I was waiting for just the right project.

So, even though this lesson isn't exactly a decoupage project, I decided to use some of my precious papers.  Pam had me tracing my hand three times and overlapping the tracings to create shapes.  I like the result, but I think it would have been more powerful if I'd used more solid colors in contrasting shades.

Still, this version has it's own subtle appeal.  And I've started to get my money's worth from those papers, which I wasn't when they just sat on the shelf.


Comments