Creative Destruction Day Nine-Birth of a Nebula

Usually when I destroy a page, I strive to keep some of the original work.  Black gesso makes a nice surface, but the kind I have now is in a tube, and I find it hard to judge how much to add to the page.  It dries fairly quickly, so if I don't plan ahead and have something to wipe it off I end up with solid black.

And that's okay.  I prefer the subtle hints of color and fantastic textures you get by keeping some of the original, but black gesso makes a beautiful surface for using metallic, glaze and souffle gel ink pens.  They're so beautiful, you can do almost anything and it looks good!


Comments

  1. I like very much the idea of using black gesso and the gel ink. Some times I use this kind of ink on black ink or similar and I like the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. So much easier than black cardstock that just sucks the ink out of one's pens. I have my 40% coupon in hand and I'm off to HL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment