What Do You Do with All that Artwork?--Day Two

I'm ending off the year by sharing some artwork that I did on single sheets, and then incorporated into a journal or sketchbook.  You may have seen the single sheet work before, as it's been posted here on my blog.  But I thought it might interest you to see how it ended up.

The original piece was one I did for a review of the Hi-Tec-C Maica gel pen.


I often use sheets of deli-wrap (the kind used to line baskets in burger joints) to blot up paint or even use it like a brush to smear paint on a page.

I liked the effect that black gesso left on this sheet of deli paper and wanted to add it into my journal.  I glued the original piece of art so that it was half attached to the book and half-attached to deli paper.

I did the same thing on the other side of the deli-wrap, with another piece of art, in essence making the deli sheet a new page in the journal.

Here you can see the abstract that the deli-wrap sheet makes when it's open.  Tomorrow, I'll show you the other side of the wrap.


Comments