Journal52 Prompt 47: Wise Words #Journal52 #ArtJournal #ArtJournaling

The Year is Winding Down!  Only 5 more prompts to go for Journal52, 2014.  (Only three, actually, at this point.  I'm a bit behind in posting my prompt responses).

The good news is that there will be a Journal52, 2015.  I haven't decided if I'll join up again or not.


To start off this prompt, I did the background using the Tattered Angels Antique History kit, which has two sprays and two paints, meant to create the look of wood.


I had never used this kit on watercolor paper before.  Usually, it comes out gleaming and slick.  On this paper it was a bit more anemic and sick!  It made for an interesting background, anyway. 


Unfortunately, it was also a bit difficult to add color to.  I tried several pens and markers, finally having a degree of success with my Pentel Pigment Ink brush pen (the lyrics to 'Let It Be'), Sakura Gellyroll pens, white and Moonlight Pink, and then several colors of Sharpie Brush Pen.

Comments