In the Shadow of Trees #Watercolor #Strathmore #ArtJournal

Day 1 in my 10-day watercolor a day journal.




I don't plan to write in this journal, but I am writing about them in my blog, as you may have noticed.  So 'art' journal may be a misnomer, but I think I'm keeping to the spirit if not the exact meaning of the term.

This painting was mostly done with the wet-in-wet technique.  While I blocked the trees in with the initial washes, I did have to come back to build up the values.  I did a little lifting so I could warm up a few areas with some Hansa Yellow Medium.

Overall, I don't think I spent much more than 1/2 hour, which is the goal for this journal.

Comments

  1. This is lovely. You've really captured the shadows where we are, and the bright sunlight in the distance. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment