My Shape of Spike Drabble Series OR What I was doing 10 years ago.

I got an email today, letting me that one of my old (10 year old!) fanfic drabbles has been nominated for a fan award.  Ah, the memories!

Way back when, before I got into and out of ATCs, and before I discovered the joy of Zentangle and studying watercolors, I used to write Buffy the Vampire slayer fanfic for kicks.  My favorite character was Spike, and my favorite form was the 100 word drabble.  That is a story written in 100 words -- no more, no less.  In particular, I did a series of drabbles I called 'The Shape of Spike'.  Often neither Spike nor any of the Buffy characters appeared in these stories--the stories were about people who had been affected by Spike (and many would apply equally to Angel).

For those Buffy fans among my readers, I share the two stories that were nominated under the heading of Villain.  (For the second one, it helps to remember the story that Spike told Dawn once upon a time).

Villain
Summary: Pre-Series-late 1800s. Angst. Evil Spike. 

BEDLAM
I cautiously reiterate their falsehoods. I converse calmly. I encourage myself to seek dreamless sleep. I endeavor to remember their truths instead of my own. 
I comprehend the unlikelihood of my release. Where could I go when all my family is slain? But conceivably if I am tranquil enough they will suppose me capable of employment. The Workhouse - begging in the streets would be preferable to this bedlam. 
If only the good Doctor did not possess such compelling blue eyes. If only he did not smile so very sweetly and with such charm. Perhaps then I could stop dreaming...and screaming...and... 


COALBIN 
I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy. I want my mommy...

RETURN TO DRABBLE INDEX          RETURN TO FANFICTION INDEX

Comments