Squirkling the Nautilus:Journal52 Week 17: Treasure #Journal52 #ArtJournal #StillmanAndBirn

Earlier this year, I hit an artistic slump and found that trying to create a page to the Journal52 prompts seemed more like work than pleasure.  That seemed to defeat the whole purpose of art journaling, so I gave myself permission to just do the prompts that struck my fancy.

The slump has been over for a while, but art journaling hasn't been my focus.  I decided to go back over the prompts I'd missed and see if I felt more inclined to respond to them at this time.  I found the prompt 'Treasure' and flashed onto a photo I'd seen lately, of some Nautilus shells.  Not exactly what one would consider treasure.  But then I thought of how pleasing the shape and texture of a nautilus shell is.  How I'm always drawn to photos of them, and how much I'd enjoyed looking at them on those occasions when I came across them in real life.

I know I'd treasure such shells if I had them.  So... I went with it.

Done in a Stillman & Birn Delta sketchbook, Pigma Micron over Copic marker.


Comments

  1. Oh, I do know how you feel, Sandra. I hit that wall myself a couple of months ago and haven't done any art journaling for a long time. I'm glad you were motivated to start again and this is such an interesting page to look at. I love the colors and the shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think we all hit that wall once in a while. I try to work through it, but I've found it's best to choose my battles. Art journaling just wasn't what kept me going right then - too many choices to make.

      Delete

Post a Comment