I Can See Clearly Now - Journal52 Week 3: Favorite Song Lyrics #Journal52, #ArtJournaling #Gellyrols

The two prompts for Journal52 this week were “Favourite David Bowie song/lyric” OR “Favourite Song/Lyric”.

My OLP this year was Protuberance - as in the opposite of depression.  I can't think of any David Bowie song that fits with that.  In fact, for me, the whole idea of a favorite song or lyrics is fairly meaningless.  I love so many kinds of music and what I like at any given time is totally down to my mood.

However, there is one song that often pops up in my head.  It's rather relentlessly cheery, but it always makes me smile, so I decided to go with the lyrics, 'I Can See Clearly Now'.


Since lyrics were the main challenge I decided to just focus on the words and let them dominate the page.  I may go ahead and do the David Bowie version of the challenge too.  I always liked Ziggy Stardust.

I used fluorescent Gellyroll pens in a Midnight Sketch Pentalic Traveler, 8 x 6 inches.

Comments