Wood Pigeon - 52 Weeks of Watercolor Birds #Watercolor #WatercolorBirds #ArtJournal

There! All caught up with '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.  I'm not sure what Mitsib's schedule is for posting the new birds, but I'm ready for the next one.

For some reason, my scanner really picks up the Magenta color.  Far more so than it looks in the actual painting.  I'm also finding that the Fluid Watercolor paper in my journal doesn't always let you blend as much as the paper I'm used to.  That's to the good--practice makes perfect and the more kinds of paper I use, the more versatile I'll be!


I used a mix of Qor and Quiller colors: Qor Indigo, Venetian Red, Naples Yellow.  Quiller Magenta, Phthalo Turquoise, and Phthalo Green.  I used Daniel Smith Hansa Yellow Light as a glaze to unify some areas.

I'm painting my birds in a 7" x 10" Hand*Book Field Watercolor Journal made with Fluid Watercolor Paper.

Comments

Post a Comment