Lady with Two Deerhound #SakuraOfAmerica #Pentalic #Gellyroll

I was looking through an old Dover Fashion book, and had the idea for this drawing.  It's all done with Sakura of America's Fluorescent Moonlight Gellyroll pens in a Pentalic Traveler Midnight Sketch Journal, 8 x 6.

I play around with layers of Fluorescent Vermilion, Fluorescent Orange, Fluorescent Yellow, and Fluorescent  Pink to get my skin tones, letting each layer dry for at least 15 minutes in between.  It's difficult to layer new ink on wet Gellyroll ink.  You tend to lift ink away rather than add new.

The purple was the closest way I could think of to get the gray for the deerhouse, though thinking back, I wish I had played with using a Classic white.  Now that I've got the Souffle pens Grey, I'll have to try something like this again.


Comments