Over 300 Words for Love #Stillman&Birn #Zentangle #ArtJournal

The last page of my Stillman & Birn Delta has picked up some smudges from previous works, so I decided to do a mixed media page.

I have this neat wrapping paper full of dog breeds and words relating to dogs.  I took a scrap of it and cut out a few pictures, gluing them down on the page.  Then I used acrylic paint on a Gelli® plate, stamping it with bubble wrap and creating streaks with a comb, and pulled a monoprint on the page.

I used a Pigma Micron to write my saying, "Did you know that there are over 300 words for love in canine? ~ Gabrielle Zevin

What better way to finish an Art Journal?


Comments

  1. I adore airedales. This is a cool page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I fell in love with the wrapping paper, and kept scraps from it every time I used it to wrap something. I saw the quote and knew the time had come to use the scraps!

      Delete

Post a Comment