Great Grey Owl-Week 23 of '52 Weeks of Watercolor Birds' #52WeeksOfWatercolourBirds #Watercolor #Yarka

Week 23 of '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.  I'm still working on the theme of the 'Pacific Northwest' in my watercolor class.  Since I hadn't painted an owl for either of these projects, I decided it was well past time. 

7x10 inches was a bit small for a huge bird like this, so I went with a line and wash in order to get the ticking of the feathers.

And I had a second agenda in choosing a wise owl.  Somebody needs to tell me how in the world this comes to be the 23rd week of 2016.  We just celebrated New Years yesterday.  Right?  Maybe the owl knows what is going on with the time continuum, 'cause something is messed up somewhere!



Painted with Yarka St. Petersburg 24 pan set in a Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch.

Comments