Killdeer #52WeeksOfWatercolorBirds' #Watercolor #Killdeer

I believe I'm a week ahead, but I wanted to continue with the theme in watercolor class.

Killdeer are one of those birds that pretend to have a broken wing and try to lead you away from their nest.  One of them nested close to my house, and each morning it would try to lead my car away.  Distressing because it was hard to see where the bird was, and I was afraid I'd run over it.   I haven't seen it lately, and I'm hoping that's because the young have hatched and are old enough to leave the nest, but I fear the worst.

This is the first time, I've attempted to paint a bird in flight.  Not sure I got the proportions correct, but overall I'm happy with it.



Painted with Yarka St. Petersburg 24 pan set in a Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch.

My reference photo came from the Morguefile archive.

Comments