Shrouded in the Morning Mist #WorldWatercolorMonth #Watercolor #Morguefile

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to do these quick simple landscapes.  Of course, when I say quick, that is 20 minutes of painting with hours of waiting for the paint to dry in between layers.

I could use a hair dryer, but my setup doesn't have a convenient plug-in.  I paint  for 5 minutes or so, and then get up and do something that needs doing.  With something more complicated that can be distracting, but for something like this, it works.

Winsor Newton Professional Pan paints on Arches paper, using Legend Sable Rounds 6 and 1/2 inch flat.  Size is approximately 8 x 8.  Colors used were Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue and Sap Green.  Fog was created by dabbing still-wet colors with a kleenex.


Comments