Cormorant Rising - Week 40 of 52 Weeks of Watercolor Birds #WorldWatercolorGroup #Cuttlelola #52WeeksOfWatercolorBirds

I went for something a bit different with week 40 of '52 Weeks of Watercolor Birds'.

Using only 2 pigments - Sennelier Indian Yellow, and Winsor Newton Winsor Rose, I applied several glazes of mixed colors with a 1 inch flat, ending up with a final darker glaze of Winsor Rose to define the Cormarants and cliffside.  Then I used my Cuttlelola Electric Dotspen to add texture for misty look.


Done using Winsor Newton: Lemon Yellow, Winsor Yellow, Winsor Blue  Daniel Smith: New Gamboge, Sennelier: Indian Yellow, Blue Anthaquinone, Phthalo Green Light, Sap Green, QOR: Green Gold, and M Graham: Ultramarine Violet.

This bird was done in the Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch that I'm using for the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.

My reference photo came from the Morguefile archive.

Comments