A Quality of Light #Watercolor #WorldWatercolorGroup #Mijello

This was one of those paintings where I really wasn't sure how to get the effect I wanted, so I just started painting.  Sometimes that pays off, and I did get some of the feel I was going for.  Overall though, the painting is overworked.  I'm still not quite sure how to do what I want, so I'm going to have to play around some more.  Ideas that I have in mind are choosing different pigments, trying to keep more of the white and (my biggest failing) letting one layer of paint dry before fussing any further.

I wanted a touch more light in a few areas, so I decided to use a white acrylic paint pen , smearing the paint with my fingers as I added it.  It shows up in the scan far more than it does in real life.


Approximately 9x9 inches.  Mijello Mission Gold Permanent Yellow Light, Red Orange, Indian Red, Ultramarine Light  on Gemini Coldpress paper.  Only one brush used -  a Legend Kolinsky 3/4 inch flat.

Comments