Fat Pony and the Greenhouse Effect Bleedthrumanade #Bleedthrumanade #Zentangle #Clairefontaine

For those of you new to my blog, I have a saying, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.  When color bleeds through the page, make bleedthrumanade!"

When you use alcohol markers or other very wet media, the color often ends up soaking through the paper and coloring the back of the page as well as the front.  I decided this was an opportunity rather than a problem.

I colored a page, in this case with Spectrum Noir Illustrator alcohol markers.  As expected, there was almost as much color on the back of the paper as on the front.  Then I took a Fudenosuke brush pen and made Zentangle-Inspired art on the front...


...then turned the page over, and did an entirely different drawing on the back, using the color that had bled through.  Bleedthrumanade!  No sour lemons here!



Comments