Friday Fun & Easy Landscape Challenge- Learn to Draw Giant Allium #Fun&EasyLandscapes @ZebraPen #ZebraPen #DrawingTutorial #ArtChallenge @StillmanAndBirn #StillmanAndBirn #ZebraPen @ZebraPen

The Friday Fun & Easy Landscape Challenge Apr. 13 - Apr. 19: Draw a landscape using the Giant Allium step-out.  Extra calorie-free brownie points for Basic Shapes in your drawing.


This example was done in a Stillman & Birn Beige-Tone sketchbook using Zebra Pen Funwari Color brush, Zensations colored pencil and Derwent White Graphik Line Painter.  The line painters blobbed and dripped BIG TIME so I had to sort of smear the white and cover over much of the color brush.  Then to add insult to injury, I couldn't get any color - not color brush, fineliner, colored pencil or technical pen to work over the line painter.  I ended up with extremely dark areas in the back ground because I used Sharpie markers - it will rub off eventually.

Despite all that, I'm not unhappy with this, though it could have been better.  I do NOT recommend the line painters, however.



I was running out of time, but managed to do a 10 minute painting on a Hahnemühle Watercolor postcard to use for this challenge.  I used Zebra Pen Color brushes, again and then blended the color with a waterbrush.  


Fun & Easy Landscapes challenges are posted every Friday!

For a full list and links to Fun & Easy Landscape 
Step-outs, Step-by-steps, Step-wiselys and guide rules go here.

Want to share your Fun & Landscapes? 
Join the Fun & Easy Landscape Facebook Group here!

Comments